Search the forum,

Discuss Poor Tiling Job? Advise please... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

Is this the same mosaic?
8usypuqe.jpg
dege2yqy.jpg
huve8uby.jpg

C

charlie1

How can you say that .. the job is rough as hell...

Prob used the wrong word there 'tiler' ... As you know Dave, for mosaics all the work is in the prep, i know what prep work can be like by 'some' builders! I'm guessing the square meterage price has been agreed by the guy who has done the tiling and then hes tried to make the best of a bad situation instead of getting the walls plastered properly... And failed badly! I'm just guessing mind! I agree though, all needs ripped out, poor finish!

P

Pebbs

Can you all get back on topic please, we know this is a disgraceful job. Have you contacted the company regarding this? and if so what was the response? Secondly I am assuming you have paid in full for the work, and if so, was this before or at the completion of the installation? Thirdly send a letter recorded delivery with the photographs, and state that you want the whole of the amount of tiling, rectified, or you will be going down the legal route.

You have to do this immediately, without delay, and I cannot stress this strongly enough.

Pebbs

V

vik987

I still owe them £300 on job, as was unhappy so they said they redo part of it next week. They quoted £400 for tiling including floor and walls (labour only)
I text them yesterday to say I was unhappy and to ring me ASAP as of 8.30 this morning not a response, thy are due bak Wednesday as I said I was unhappy with the wall that is really bad so they were going to re do that bit on Wednesday but looking closely I'm unhappy with the whole job.
I've got lots pictures and have done a letter to send today with pictures.

I've asked for them to at there cost to re do the lot, new tiles grout adhesive and if damage to wall when removing tiles for them to repair wall, however want someone else to do the job they can choose who as long they guarantee their work.
And want a refund on labour costs do you think this is fair?

C

charlie1

I don't think this is unfair. Unfortunately for them, the whole job needs redone, i cant think of any way it can just be fixed that would give you satisfaction. Look at the costs though, tiles,*** Labour £*** , remove and reprep wall... Anyone's guess, another £*** perfect example of why a job needs to be right first time!

Reply to Poor Tiling Job? Advise please... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen