Search the forum,

Discuss Polyurethane Shower Trays in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

B

blute

Hi all, I wonder if anyone has any experience with preformed tile over polyurethane shower trays? It is like a hard foam with a slick surface that when sanded feels kind of porous like a foam. I am slightly confused by the tray manufacturers recommendations for products to prime, waterproof and tile adhesives.

Q

Qwerty

In this country foam trays have no upstands and are usually covered by a cement & scrim layer to protect it and provide a surface on which to tile. From what I have seen of the kits in the US & Oz it seems sheets sit down over the tray upstands to make it watertight

B

blute

That tray looks great IMHO....... wish we had lipped trays in the UK.

Agree. The lip and flashing is great. This is what made me choose this system.

I have been through the adhesive list and the test data from Ardex on the website too. Why I came here for advice is the range of products recommended. It seems there is a big range of primer from epoxy to acrylic multipurpose primer. Similarly, adhesive range from cementitious to epoxy. I guess what I'm asking is why use a 2 part epoxy when a single part acrylic multipurpose primer or c2s1 cementious adhesive will do?

Reply to Polyurethane Shower Trays in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen