Search the forum,

Discuss please jim could you fix it for me because! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tilermandan

on large sq meterage floors with underfloor heating are there any recommendations for separate liquid grout addatives to enhance the standard grout to make it compatable with the under floor heating?i have used one product before but found the grout to dry patchy and uneven in colour.

D

DHTiling

BAL Wide Joint Grout
wide_joint_grout.jpg

A water-resistant, frost-resistant cement-based powder grout designed for grouting ceramic floor tiles, mosaics, quarries etc. Also suitable for use on walls. Not recommended for soft glazed wall tiles, or tiles with metal decor or lustre. Suitable for use in interior and exterior locations in both wet and dry conditions. Suitable for swimming pools. Conforms to BS EN 13888, Type C, Class G1.

NOTE: The physical properties of BAL WIDE JOINT GROUT can be enhanced by the addition of BAL ADMIX GT1. The polymer admixture imparts flexibility, increases adhesion and reduces the water permeability thus widening the application possibilities of the grout, with a classification of BS EN 13888, Type C, Class G2.

BAL Admix GT1
admix_gt.jpg

A polymer additive for BAL cement-based grouts. Not for use with adhesives. The addition of BAL ADMIX GT1 greatly improves the physical properties and characteristics of the grout.

• Increased mechanical strength.
• Increased flexural strength and flexibility.
• Reduced water permeability.
----
Too add to this the patchyness could be efflorescence .....

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

there are lots of grouts that dont need a admix for ufh such as bal superflex

Very very true..superflex is a good grout but wide joint with GT1 will make a stronger flexible grout.....but as you mentioned it.. yes! superflex is good for UFH as well.....

BAL Superflex Wide Joint Grout
superflex_wide.jpg

A highly flexible, water and frost-resistant cement-based powder grout with built-in admixture specially designed for use in areas where increased flexibility and enhanced durability are required. Suitable for grouting tiles with joint widths up to 20mm. Suitable for interior and exterior locations on both wall and floor tiling. Ideal for grouting limited movement areas such as timber floors or heated screeds. Suitable for grouting in swimming pools. Conforms to BS EN 13888, Type C, Class G2.

P

Proper Job

i was going to say that GUy1976. Top answer. BAL superflex is just fine for the job. Another good product is Mapei ultra colour plus the tech guys tell me it some where in between a Superflex grout and Epoxy for its properties

Hope this helps

P

Proper Job

oh and you don't need any addmix because it has more flex than gemma jameson on a good day :).

Reply to please jim could you fix it for me because! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen