Search the forum,

Discuss Plasterer/tiler Strikes in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
Unbelievable

Has anyone come across super fast drying plaster?:mad:

I arrived to tile a bathroom that I was due to start yesterday only to get there and find the plasterer had come only 24hrs before! Good news though, he told the customer he also is a tiler and he has added something to the mix so its good to go the next day even though it looks wet......

To make it worse the walls are all over the shop, Iam wondering if it is possible to dot and dab board over the skim or wait until it looks dry?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)

J

J Sid

You sure the weight limit won't be exceeded for tiles on plaster?
Plaster top coat that's ready to tile next day? New one on me!

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
You sure the weight limit won't be exceeded for tiles on plaster?
Plaster top coat that's ready to tile next day? New one on me!
Ceramic tiles so don't see it being a problem if it was dry.

Hopefully skim should be dry after 3/4 days but 1 wall was back to brick so that will be a week and half probably.

That's the one I'm wondering if I could dot and dab board and mechanical fix also just to allow me to tile it Monday and have a flat surface rather than what's been left.

W

White Room

Plaster needs to set/cure before drying out, added something to the mix for speed drying what a load of tosh.

Reply to Plasterer/tiler Strikes in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen