Search the forum,

Discuss People say the most stupid things!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

Came out of Sainsburys yesterday and as I was walking past a young couple I heard the baseball capped lad moan about the wind, his words were.......

'I hate this wind, it blows too hard, why cant they control it?'

There really is no hope for some people.........:oops:

Another one from some years ago was when I was walking around a car boot sale with the then Mother in law. She picked up an item from a stall and asked me what it was for? 'looks like a motor off a washing machine' was my reply.

'Whats the wheel for?' asked Val,

'A belt to turn the drum I expect' I said.

'oooh Dom, could this be fitted to my bike for when I go to the shops?'

'sure Val, no problem, the shop is half a mile from your house so lets get half a mile of electric cable for you'

'great, lets do that' she said..................:lol::lol:

Still laugh about that now when I see her.

Anyone else heard someone say something dopey without realizing it???

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

To my shame I must admit to a couple of bad ones, I once told a freind at work I had a signed autograph from the Duke of Kent. What other kind of autographs are there??????:oops: the members who were taught to be cautious will know how I got it.:smilewinkgrin:

The other one was when I was talking about two brothers I used to work with, I said " you must remember the Bowler twins, there were two of them" :yikes:

T

TheWrightTiler

To my shame I must admit to a couple of bad ones, I once told a freind at work I had a signed autograph from the Duke of Kent. What other kind of autographs are there??????:oops: the members who were taught to be cautious will know how I got it.:smilewinkgrin:

The other one was when I was talking about two brothers I used to work with, I said " you must remember the Bowler twins, there were two of them" :yikes:

hrh kent is a top bloke i met hi at ugle a few years back

G

Gazzer

As a member of a motorcycle forum this type of post always cracks me up.

"The rebuild is fantastic, the frame was stripped back and powder coated, New silencers, pistons, rings, carbs, full ignition and engine vapour blasted and rebuilt at "so and so" motorcycles. New wiring loom, rebuilt wheels, every bearing gasket and oil seal replaced. Full respray at cost of £500. New seat and all chrome rechromed. I took it for a spin today of 50 miles and it never missed a beat"

Well fancy that, about £4000 in total spent not including time and original purchase price, the bike is still only worth £2000 max and he rode around the block and it never missed a beat....!! Bargain eh !

D

diamondtiling

Dom please tell me you were not singing in that falsetto voice:lol::thumbsup:

Maybe so Phil, think I also did a bit of air guitar as well..........:oops:

I thought it was so good.

Thing is I have just caught myself singing it twice in the last five minutes.......:lol:

Now that its in my head again I will probably be singing or humming it on site tomorrow and that will start everyone 40 plus doing the same.

Reply to People say the most stupid things!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.