Search the forum,

Discuss Pencil Marks on White Porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi

I've got some white porcelain tiles, matt finish. They have pencil marks on them - that will not come out. I've tried various cleaning methods, last one being Lithofin Wexa Multipurpose Cleaner. Didn't appear to even touch it. Not even rubbing with an emulsifying pad. Nowt.

Any suggestions?

Paul

If it's chinagraph try acetone (nail polish remover) worked on my enamel cooker. If its graphite you could try astonish. I use that now on the enamel and it seems to remove most things without damageing it.

D

David Herrera

It was either graphite pencil or chinagraph pencil. I think it was simple graphite tho. Which normally I would expect to wash off easily. But it isn't.

Paul

Simple graphite pencil marks are not easily removed from porcelain white tile with a matte finish.
Not by any of the methods suggested here so why not say you don’t know rather than sending the poor guy spinning failing and wondering what he’s doing wrong?
I’ve got some too budy and when I’m successful I’ll hit back here.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I usually get a bit of adhesive on my finger and rub over the mark. Works on pencil and metal marks.

Reply to Pencil Marks on White Porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen