Search the forum,

Discuss Pencil Marks on White Porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pt44

Hi

I've got some white porcelain tiles, matt finish. They have pencil marks on them - that will not come out. I've tried various cleaning methods, last one being Lithofin Wexa Multipurpose Cleaner. Didn't appear to even touch it. Not even rubbing with an emulsifying pad. Nowt.

Any suggestions?

Paul

S

sWe

What kind of pencil marks? Permanent marker? Graphite?
I'm not familiar with the Lithofin brand, as it's not availible where I live, but from a quick look at their website, I'd probably go with Stain-Away over the one you used.
Other than that... Oxygel of some sort... If that doesn't work, some sort of acidic cleaner, but be careful with those, as they can damage grout and sensitive tiles if handled incorrectly.

If it's permanent marker, you can try with an alcohol based solvent, like isopropyl-alcohol. Or maybe even purified gasoline.
Nail polish remover (acetone) perhaps? Other options are turpentine and paint thinner.

Try somewhere inconspicuous first though.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pt44

What kind of pencil marks? Permanent marker? Graphite?

It was either graphite pencil or chinagraph pencil. I think it was simple graphite tho. Which normally I would expect to wash off easily. But it isn't.

Paul

D

DHTiling

Lithofin have have brought a NEW product just for such marks....

Lithofin Abra clean....:thumbsup:

F

Floor_Restorer

Follow the instructions CAREFULLY! We used it on polished white porcelain and the guy who used it (our young lad!!) just made a haze of pencil marks rather than remove it!

We made him read the instructions, and he went back and removed it. It took a while though.

Reply to Pencil Marks on White Porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen