Search the forum,

Discuss patchy grey floor grout will a sealer give a perment wet look in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stevedoc

i grouted a floor using granfix grey flexible grout which has dried patchy some parts almost white some grey , i've cleaned it all with grout residue cleaner which has helped but not worked completely ,the client likes the look of the grout while it's wet as it's darker and more even in colour would a tile sealent like stain stop or slate seal give the grout a more even darker look , advive would be helpfull as i have one more chance to sort this out and i don't what to have to retile the floor thanks

Reaction score
ive been called to a big floor with problems with the grout and it turned out the tiler hadnt removed the transit wax and it had washed into the grout causing it to look patchy. but i have done a job before using brown maxi grout which dried with a white film on it. when we contacted the rep he said we used to much water even tho we had washed it off the same as all my other jobs in the last 16 years

Reply to patchy grey floor grout will a sealer give a perment wet look in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen