Search the forum,

Discuss One Of Those Days. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dougs Third Go

" blue skies..........." @Doug Boardley , the rest we'll keep to ourselves!
this is the plane i did my last dive from..14,000 feet, on landing back in UK a couple of days laterI heard this plane crashed killing 16 out of the 22 on board, Dan Brobski-Chenfield being one of the survivors but with horrific multiple broken bones, prognosis was that he'd never walk again, never mind jump again, yet he overcame those injuries and along with my friend Mark Kirkby (the reason I was in california was to be his best man at his wedding) went on to form Arizona Airmoves, the all conquering champions of 4 way and 8 way relative skydive in the history of the world,,,,but yes, memories are flooding back and there will be blue skies once more for me, at least once anyway :)

Attachments

• twin otter.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 15
D

Dougs Third Go

I really am thinking of putting trowels and cutters into cold storage between september through to january, I can work my dogs 6 days a week, get paid with no hassle every day, very little overheads, don't get me wrong, the pay is crap, about £50 a day, but I'm low maintenance and i don't need to chase the coin, so why not get paid for doing your hobby? :)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would buy a j.c.b

Dig a bloody great big hole. drive my van into it....
And bury it !!!!
Jump on my motorbike and ride into the sunset and never look back.
Not that I've ever thought about it. :D

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I like my job.....love being self employed
Its just all the other crap that comes with it......booking work in only for them to cancel on you......telling customers how many tiles to get and they take no notice.
Not moving the fridge, washing machine, cooker ect out of the kitchen when it was agreed it would be. ..
And that was just this week. ...lol

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I work a 3 day week now and have done for a couple of years.

I see it like this; we go school and do well to get a good job, which then pays for the bigger mortgage than your mates who might not have done as well, but not as big as your mates mortgage who got the PhD,and then we slave away for 45ish years in the hope we pay that mortgage off and actually have some money left over to enjoy life. And all the time managing to stay alive when the odds sometimes just seem to be stacked against the average person.

I take a good wage from the business, rent property, and work 3 days to make sure things are ticking over.

I value time right now. Sod when I'm 65ish.

Reply to One Of Those Days. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen