• Thread starter garretridge
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2K
  • Tags
    usa
Search the forum,

Discuss one of those days! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

garretridge

started job today downstairs bathroom 18m2 with those cheap 6" sq white tiles from b&q not a square tile in the box some tiles were more than 2mm bigger and some were badly warped :yikes: how are we supposed to line up with 2mm spacers and keep the grout lines even i hate them.in the future i am going to price myself out of these type of jobs it is not worth the hassle anymore a job that should take 2 1/2 days is going to take an extra day to put right!:mad2: i cant wait till there is an end to this recession and people spend a little more for quality tiles again!:thumbsup:

B

brian c

started job today downstairs bathroom 18m2 with those cheap 6" sq white tiles from b&q not a square tile in the box some tiles were more than 2mm bigger and some were badly warped :yikes: how are we supposed to line up with 2mm spacers and keep the grout lines even i hate them.in the future i am going to price myself out of these type of jobs it is not worth the hassle anymore a job that should take 2 1/2 days is going to take an extra day to put right!:mad2: i cant wait till there is an end to this recession and people spend a little more for quality tiles again!:thumbsup:
is that the tiles at LESS THAN £3 A BOX?SHADE VARIATION IS AWFUL ASWELL.

T

Time's Ran Out

Have to agree with Faithy - a jobs a job!
The problem is we get spoilt by the quality of some manufacturers and when these jobs come along :mad2:
However 'when I was a lad' we had to use match sticks for spacers and if anyone can remember Candy Tiles - they were so bent you could tile around corners with them!
I've said it before ad I'll say it again - ' If it was that easy they'd do it themselves'.

Reply to one of those days! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.