Search the forum,

Discuss Old Dural in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

afright

TF
Reaction score
Have just ripped up three floors in a newly built mews house dont know when it was built around about 3 years ago I think, the customer does not like the tiles so have replaced with black ,the kitchen floor was Dot & Dabbed so that came up clean and the bathroom and showeroom also came up clean as the dural matt had separated I know they have changed it now but dont think I will ever use dural ,will be sticking to ditra.

J

jonnyc

I still have a roll of old dural behind my garage which was of the bad batch few years ago.
i know there was a problem with the mat because client came back to me .
I have only ever bought this dural once so definitely the same
but what about the roll I still have unused .i cannot pull the fleece off back of mat so what does this suggest

S

Spud

I still have a roll of old dural behind my garage which was of the bad batch few years ago.
i know there was a problem with the mat because client came back to me .
I have only ever bought this dural once so definitely the same
but what about the roll I still have unused .i cannot pull the fleece off back of mat so what does this suggest
I bet there are a few insurance companies who would like to buy that from you Jonny to get it lab tested

afright

TF
Reaction score
Here's a few photos of the job the kitchen floor came up easy,have been told it was done by a polish guy.With the dural it must have something to do with getting damp from the adhesive can not understand that the company still make it, surely in the future insurance claims will start rolling in.By the way I put ditra back in its place.

Attachments

• 1368788_653973994626809_731659850_n.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
G

Gazzer

Here's a few photos of the job the kitchen floor came up easy,have been told it was done by a polish guy.With the dural it must have something to do with getting damp from the adhesive can not understand that the company still make it, surely in the future insurance claims will start rolling in.By the way I put ditra back in its place.

A different factory make it now, its been redesigned and to be fair it was not just Dural that had the problem.

And yes I have some of the old mat in the garage along with some of the new stuff. I get a good price on Ditra these days so thats what I use but I wouldnt have any problems using the new Dural product.

T

Time's Ran Out

As my supplier stocks the new Dural I will use it when required. They are the biggest tile distributors in the country and fully backed me when we had an issue with another make of isolation mat. Reputation is not just about standard of tiling its also about how you handle issues.

Reply to Old Dural in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen