Search the forum,

Discuss Newly Screeded Conservatory Floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
They used to say was it 6 weeks for screed, 4 for plaster, 2 for something else.

But you use moisture testing devices that the aliens dropped off around 2013 these days don't you?

I think their liaison representative for Earth is Alan @Ajax123 isnt it?

Kevboy

TF
Reaction score
I‘ll find out when I look at the job. If I use a moisture meter what's a good one to use and what measurement would be classed as dry enough to tile?

J

Just Rizzle

I only tile new screed when my moisture meter says its safe to do so what ever the make up of the floor.
mines a sovereign one, there not cheap but are accurate. best tool in my box show the client and readings they cant push me if the meter says no and if there look elseware that's up to them, belt and braces.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Just Rizzle

if theres no ufh and if the clients willing to pay for it. is to lay a liquid dpm over the screed 2 coats would be advisable with a sprinkling of silica sand over the 2nd cot of lq dpm so the addy adheres to it better.mapie do a realy good lq dpm I get it by courier from my local ctd . if you require more info on lq dpms you can go to the floor layers forum

Reply to Newly Screeded Conservatory Floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen