Discuss Newbie wanting help please in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

G

Georgina

Hi

I've just joined this forum in the hope that someone can help with our dilemma.

We have had a black limestone hearth fitted and were told that it didn't need sealing. My partner has started putting limestone tiles around the inside of the hearth but did not cover up the black hearth before he started and therefore tile adhesive has fallen onto the hearth and marked it quite badly.

Can anyone suggest how we may be able to get these marks out as I now have one very unhappy other half lol

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Georgina

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

But it was his fault so it should be you who is unhappy!
Black Limestone should be fully impregnated to stop marks so it may be worth contacting the supplier to find out what sealant they used.
Pictures may help to see the issue and the Lithofin range of products could be used to restore and upkeep.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi

Have your solved your problem?

OP
G

Georgina

Hi

Have your solved your problem?
Hi there

I phoned the company that we bought them from and they have advised me to use a product called Wexa, so I have ordered some and am waiting for it to be delivered, so hopefully that will do the job.

Reply to Newbie wanting help please in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer