Search the forum,

Discuss Newbie to Tiling - a few questions. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Z

zorro

First of all hello to all...

I'm about to embark on my first ever DIY tiling job and would like guiding in the right direction please.
Got some B&Q natural stone tiles for our bathroom (Floor &Wall) and want to get some sealer ordered first. From reading about on the internet is see that Lithofin looks pretty good? should i be using their Multiseal or Stainstop? what is the difference?
Regarding grouting - the tiles are a rough finish - should i be concerned that they will be a pain to grout? - any tips?

Thanks in advance for your help

Chris

S

SnipSnap

First of all hello to all...

I'm about to embark on my first ever DIY tiling job and would like guiding in the right direction please.
Got some B&Q natural stone tiles for our bathroom (Floor &Wall) and want to get some sealer ordered first. From reading about on the internet is see that Lithofin looks pretty good? should i be using their Multiseal or Stainstop? what is the difference?
Regarding grouting - the tiles are a rough finish - should i be concerned that they will be a pain to grout? - any tips?

Thanks in advance for your help

Chris

Hi Chris, Welcome to the forum.
I am new here too.

To me, Lithofin is a really great product and woth the money.
Stainstop is an impregnator the liquid penetrates deep into the stone, and as the name says is is formulated to prevent stains to form on the stone.
Multiseal is used more to seal the top of the stone. I have allway used the impregnator on my stone and never had problem with it. Just love it the stuff.

From the sound of it you have some tumbled marble and it is common practice to grout all over the tile using a grout colour that nearest matches the tile colour.

Reply to Newbie to Tiling - a few questions. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen