Search the forum,

Discuss Newbee with a few Wet Room Questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Y

Youngoggy

Hi all,
new to this forum and have a few questions for the experts out there on wet rooms and tanking etc.

I am just installing a small en suite and due to not been able to find a shower tray to suit I was thinking of going along the wet room route which would save space and make the most of the room I have got.

Have had a quick look at trays like the Impey aqua deck etc and was wondering if they are suitable for fitting flat tiles to or if you have to cut the tiles fitted to accomodate the falls ? It does not really illustrate his on the video.

Also which are the best trays and tanking kits for someone with a decent skill level of DIY ?

Any help appreciated Rich.

PS Great forum, loads of useful stuff :hurray:

D

DHTiling

Hi rich i use the wedi trays in wet rooms......but it just down to choice.....
I also use schluters kerdi for tanking walls and floors....
To get the falls in the tray with largish tiles is to envelope them...this is cutting them from corner to corner as if you were cutting for diamond pattern...
just like this one i did with travertine....

tiling_photos_012.jpg

Tiling the tray in mosaics is another easier option....

You will also need to check to see if you can accommodate the falls needed for the waste from the tray.

Also have a read of this thread it should help you as well....
http://www.tilersforums.com/tanking-wetrooms/2776-wet-rooms-info.html

good luck and let us know how you get on.....maybe a few pics would be nice to see.....

Y

Youngoggy

Thanks Dave,

that explains it a bit better, like you on the pic I want to use travertine marble and I couldt get me head round how the fall would work but now I see it !

I take it you need to try and get the biggest tray for the available space ie mine measures around 1300mm x 800mm so i presume i need a tray around this size ?

I will have a look at the Wedi trays tonight to get more of an idea of how it all works :thumbsup: Pics will be no problem once I get up and running, still in the planning stages at the Mo.

Thanks Rich.

D

DHTiling

You can cut the travertine down to what ever size you require...but i wouldn't get one longer than 2 tiles or it will be harder to do....also the wedi trays can be trimmed to fit...:thumbsup:

U

uug197h

broken link removed have a look at these photos we changed an attic bedroom in to a wetroom using the inpey system

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

Youngoggy

Looks good with the mosaic and the big tiles so spoilt for choice now !

Was the Impey system easy to fit and would you recomend under floor heating with a wet room ?

Thanks Rich

J

john32145

Hi Guys

Just a quick question am wondering if anyone can help with.

Does Glazed Porcelian Tiles have to be sealed?

Thanks

U

uug197h

the Impey is easy to fit we did four last year all with mosaic and all with under tile heating you can get a dvd free from impey for fitting but you will need to make some changes put ply under the aquadec to lift it above the floor so you can install plywood on the rest of the floor for tiling

Reply to Newbee with a few Wet Room Questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen