Discuss New tools or gadgets in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Good finish to be honest.I buy it for have a straight cut and is a really nice tool.
You posted sigma blade recently Ed, do you use for Kera Flex only?
I got sigma turbo blade today hoping if I use it only on the flex it will be good.

O

Old Mod

Why can you not just polish the edge flat or free hand it with the grinder ?
Try it!

It's what I've always done and I'm good at it Andy.
Buy try it for me, then tell me how you get on. :):thumbsup:

I'm trying to speed the process up.
In this room alone I have some 30+ Lineal metres of mitres of an extremely hard porcelain with a highly polished glaze, and it chips incredibly easily after it's been cut.
The longest single run has been 1.8m the full length of a tile, and there's been two of those.

So take a piece of the longest tile you have Andy and use a slide cutter on it and break it in two.
Then you need to polish it back to give a proper flat 90 degree edge, if you try and mitre it without doing that, you will blow tiny chips out the front, for sure.
So once you've created what amounts to a new factory edge you can mitre it.
If you take shortcuts, you will more than likely end up with an edge that is wavy at best.
And then do the same with the piece you cut off, then form a corner with those two pieces.
And make a note of the time it takes.

IMG_0480.JPG

That's not a wrap, however, I had to cut the factory edge off so I could wrap the internal corner correctly, would have been too much of a discrepancy if I'd of cut it out the middle.

F

Flintstone

I ordered one of those from ats and he's sent me a 4 inch hole cutter instead, doh.
I see what your saying Marc, I don't have any experience in having to go to those lengths, if you say it's better, I'll beleive ya!

Reply to New tools or gadgets in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley