Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss new member in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

johnmor4

hello to everyone, just joined site and thought i would introduce myself.
I am actually a carpenter/joiner but more and more times when fitting kitchens etc over the years i have been asked to do the tiling and over time i have become fairly confident and dare i say good at it although i am not a fully qualified tiler.
Anyway i have just been asked to tile 22sqm of Travertine in a bathroom and having recently done my own in Travertine i didnt see much of a problem.
I got a message today from the customer asking if i would be honing the tiles and am not sure what he means.Ipresumed he meant filling the backs of the tiles but the tiles supplied are already filled so can anyone enlighten me.
sorry i it sounds a bit thick
cheers

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to tilersforums.com | Tile Forums | Tiling Forum!

Welcome to tilersforums.com johnmor4. Thanks for introducing yourself.

D

doug boardley

nature-023.GIF
welcome to the forums John

W

White Room

Hi and welcome:thumbsup:

There usualy honed and filled on the face of the tile when purchased, I will stand corrected though

D

DHTiling

Hello and welcome....you need to see the tiles first...He might have meant if you finish the edges etc that can be seen...best to check first though.

R

richiep

Hi John, welcome to the forum, i've just joined too in last couple of months, you'll get loads of advice and help here.

Reply to new member in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks