Search the forum,

Discuss New member here...question on adhesive for matting. in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bob2

it's either cut them through or have them the other way on the transition

Ok...thanks. I'll speak to customer. What if he doesn't want a movement joint or to turn the tiles? I mean what is the reality of tiles cracking without one over the 6m span? I have never had to deal with movement joints before.

D

Dumbo

I not about length in this instance it's to do with bridging to different substrates and the prospect of the two substrates moving independently of one another .

T

Time's Ran Out

All the forum can supply is professional advice to the best of our knowledge and intent.
Crack mats and membrane allow for a small amount of lateral movement but any vertical movement would crack the tile. You could make sure there is enough tiles left in case of future issues.

B

Bob2

I not about length in this instance it's to do with bridging to different substrates and the prospect of the two substrates moving independently of one another .

Thanks Jcr...I think I understand it. I'm pretty sure he won't want a movement joint in his design so I'll have to make sure he knows there could be trouble down the line.

F

Flintstone

As above really no need for an S2 ant nor recommended either. Prime the existing tiles with a gritty primer, fit your dural but done bridge the joint. It's not really about if he does or doesn't want an expansion joint it's about it needs one, and your tiling it and ultimately your the one he's gonna call and your the one who's gonna have to try and fix the mess if it cracks on that joint. Not worth the hassle. Tell him it's a must imo

B

Bob2

As above really no need for an S2 ant nor recommended either. Prime the existing tiles with a gritty primer, fit your dural but done bridge the joint. It's not really about if he does or doesn't want an expansion joint it's about it needs one, and your tiling it and ultimately your the one he's gonna call and your the one who's gonna have to try and fix the mess if it cracks on that joint. Not worth the hassle. Tell him it's a must imo

Hi...what do you mean when you say don't bridge the joint with the dural? The tiles and screed meet in a straight line on a length of 3m. I was going to lay a length of dural straight over it so the joint sat in the middle of the matting for the full length. Are you saying that would be wrong?

Reply to New member here...question on adhesive for matting. in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen