Search the forum,

Discuss New member, complete beginner, can you help? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

olli.white

Hi,

I just joined, the names Olli, Im interested in doing a 4 week course, really with the aim of starting my own business afterwards. Can anyone give me any advise on start ups, courses, and just genrally the best way to go about things?

Cheers, Much appreciated.

Olli

Last edited by a moderator:
D

davy_G

Good luck Oli.
Im on my 3rd week out on my own after finishing a 4 week course with PTS in Harlow and am having to juggle jobs already. I only have around 3 weeks work infront of me but I am surprised how quickly the phone started to ring once I selectively handed out business cards.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Olli, checkout Diamond Training and Chase Tiling Academy too, both do 4 week courses.

Y

Yorkie

Hi Ollie, Welcome to the forums.
Don't rush and take your time ,visit if possible and then make an informed decision based on quality, content and of course reputation.

F

felix

Hi Olli welcome to the forums. I did the 4 week course at PTS in Harlow and I can definitely reccomend it. The course will teach you everything you need to get started. There after course support is good as well. They have helplines which you can phone them up to ask them anything ( I asked them how to get charcoal grout off my hands) Any questions you have will also be answered by the more experienced guys on here. Not seen them stumped yet

R

rubi

tiling is just not something you can learn an 4 weeks people should be giving you better advice about this

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
tiling is just not something you can learn an 4 weeks people should be giving you better advice about this

You're right, it takes years of practice and trial and error even after you've done a year course. But how can one get into the trade without having a short course to start them off?

Last edited:
F

felix

Nobody is suggesting you can learn everything about tiling in 4 weeks. Guys who have been doing it 20 years are still learning new stuff. The sheer volume of members of this forum who are making a living off the back of a 4 week course suggest that you can do it.

C

ChaseTiling

Hi,

I just joined, the names Olli, Im interested in doing a 4 week course, really with the aim of starting my own business afterwards. Can anyone give me any advise on start ups, courses, and just genrally the best way to go about things?

Cheers, Much appreciated.

Olli
Welcome to the forums Olli,

Any questions you have now or in the future about getting yourself Tiling Trade Qualified, including getting your CSCS card then please ask away. Please put your questions in the 'Tiling Training' area of the site :)

All the best,
Chase Tiling Academy

Reply to New member, complete beginner, can you help? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen