Search the forum,

Discuss new build houses in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

swanman

Hi Guys
just some information i need

I'm doing a small housing project for a builder it consists of 12 houses i put a price of 25 sqm2 that includes adhesive

and 20 per metre for the tiles which cost me 14 per metre

Shall i charge for trim separate and grout or would that be in with the 25 per metre

i only normally do domestics houses so this is new to me.

your thoughts would be much appreciated

W

White Room

Chrome will cost alot more that plastic, don't they know what trim is required....

A

aphilp

On a project of this size, we would charge the builder for all materials separately from the labour costs.

In addition to the supply of adhesive, grout and trim, I would also quote for latex, primer and tanking and carriage in case these are required.

You do not want to have to compensate for the cost of bad walls etc from your profit.

I would invoice for the supply of materials when supplied and this assists your cash flow, as builders are notorious for late payments.

Best Wishes

Anne

Reaction score
Hi swanman. Go with the advice to separate material costs from labour. The builder will process your payments through HMRC CIS scheme and deduct 20% (or 30 if unregistered) from your bill. I try and get early payment on materials supplied - does not always work but worth a try. At present my waiting time for payments for commercial work is 5 to 8 weeks.

S

swanman

I noticed that you are in Somerset
do you get much work in cornwall were im based

Reaction score
Cornwall? Nice place to visit, but my work distance tends to stop around Taunton. My web site keeps a steady flow of domestic work and I advertise working within 50 miles of base.

A lot of tilers working in our area are travelling from North East England and south Wales - they tend to work on construction sites living in local digs, and some can be extremely quick even on difficult jobs. I gotta say that I am glad they don't start taking the domestic jobs - I would struggle to compete - need another ten years hard labour to reach their standard!

Reply to new build houses in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen