Search the forum,

Discuss new build house travertine ivory light in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

just dropped in on a project i finished in october to take a few photos.
plot 1 from which photos appear below has been dressed with furniture on hire and on the market .
this way of showing off a new house is very popular now as it gives a much better impression as to what new home owner house could look like.
new owner could also just by the furniture /dressing etc and its ready to move in straight away.
highly regarded designer in area used so they could get work ongoing furnishing work even if this display not to purchasers choice.
quite clever really although quite an outlay to show off a new house i suspect.
i think this can really make he difference.
my work involved 610 x 406 travertine for hundreds of mts downstairs.
made the two sets of treads/risers /skirtings/strings and box tops from a cutting list i prepare oversized for each project and we cut and finish on site to suit.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 011.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 074.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 073.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 014.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 020.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 040.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 022.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 023.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 027.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 031.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 037.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 063.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 062.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 52
J

johnryan

beautiful stone work there, though i think you left a dust sheet on the stairs.....

J

jonnyc

beautiful stone work there, though i think you left a dust sheet on the stairs.....
well i did not quite understand this either.
i think they were trying to show that you could put carpet down as a runner if you wanted to.
a lot of developers in this end of market are torn as to whether you should have a stone staircase or timber . i guess this scenario shown shows an either or scenario

J

johnryan

sorry mate, couldn't resist that one. what were they thinking? a smashing stone staircase and they put a carpet on it:yikes:
only a designer or an architect could be responsible for that.

P

PJ Tiling

Amazing work, brilliant craftmanship :thumbsup:

The bottom step, is that curve cut from a solid piece?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
That's lovely Jonny, I do like that. I'm in favour of travertine in large open spaces but not such a fan in small rooms

Reply to new build house travertine ivory light in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen