Search the forum,

Discuss New Boiler/Power Flush in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

ianflem

Hi,

Just had a quote from Brit Gas for a Combi boiler changeover (WOW), 3 bed house with 6 rads..apparently the
old system will also need a Water treatment & power flush at an extra cost of £594.49 ? Is that a bit excessive for a wash out ?
I know nothing regarding this type of work but would appreciate if anyone can advise on the above price for a flush.

Cheers
Ian.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I don't think it should cost more than £200-£250 for a power flush

You'll probably find that BG prices are probably 30-40% higher for the cost of the boiler as well

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
To do it properly its tedious and will take a full day.
Chemical about £50
This is done so that no sludge from your existing system is left in as new boilers have very small water ways.
if you have a system or Combi boiler on a system under 10 year old that has had inhibitor in it, I don't see the point as it will be clean anyway.
Hope this helps.

Reply to New Boiler/Power Flush in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen