Search the forum,

Discuss negative feedback in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com.

R

rich83

I just read a post from guy wanting to shadow a tiler,and in return would offer free labour.I am fully aware initially he would be useless.but the reply he got was why would someone teach you the ropes and then have more competition for work.I'm pretty sure the guy didn't say he wanted to be self employed,he may of hoped for a job out of it.I just thought the comments where unhelpful.I mean everyone needs a leg up don't they.some people are loyal and honest,granted there are alot off tools around but still...I'm in a similar boat to him, I'm wanting to do as many hours with a tiler for free, as I can around a part time evening job.and i probably would do so for at least 3 months.and I most certainly do not want to be self employed. Have any of you guys took someone on and had a good experience.looking for a glimmer of hope here people.

Reaction score
the guy started a thread, then never heard from him again, he said he wanted to shadow a tiler, but works full time and cant give up his job due to family commitments ....so hows he going to shadow a tiler.?

ive had many trainees with me, most don't seem to last a week, with tiling you cant learn it all in one day...or week or month, when I started I spent best part of a year just grout, and mixing adhesive......how much time have you got to give..?, and like dean said if you do succeed then your going to take work off the person that trained you , not very good when some are still scratching round for work...

I spent best part of the first year just mixing adhesive & prepping substrates . Not until year 2 I got to touch a float.. Other than to clean it.

R

rich83

Lol,so you've seen Sal di blasi then...tile master is great,he does everything.his work is high quality,there are a few things that they do that uk doesn't.is ,Americans tend to make shower bases from scratch,but apart from that its spot on

M

Mr Tiler

mixing up really is a pleasure i love it... for the first minute lol. i do it by hand atm as i am trying to get more essential tools i know a mixer is timesaving but i would like to do it the old skool way until i can join a gym lol

M

Mr Tiler

mate id work for peanuts over here... a monkey really can put a tile on the wall :sofahide:

Reply to negative feedback in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen