Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Need Tiler who can also install UFH...Greater Manchester in the Tilers: find tiling jobs listed here area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. Adil

Adil Active Member

County:
    UK
    Total Size of Area to be Tiled:
    Tile Size(s):
    60*60
    Tiles / Adhesive / Grout Purchased?:
    Have tiles in mind already
    Wall and Floor Tiling Job in UK

New Build property.

Need kitchen/dining area with UFH (approx 25m squared)

Need utility room tiled (approx 2.5m squared)

Need bathroom and Ensuite tiled, ideally with UFH (approx 4m squared each)

Will also need some tiling done to kitchen wall in mosaic sheets (approx 2.5m squared)

As it's a newbuild, downstairs will be concrete flooring and wood/chipboard upstairs (bathroom and Ensuite).

I'm aware there are many brands of UFH so I'm happy to go with the brand/product you are happy with, but the thermostat must have Wi-Fi capability.

All floor tiles will be porceline and likely 600*600 in size.

Thanks.

If you'd like to quote for this tiling job in UK then please contact the member who posted the job directly. If you'd like to generally ask questions about the job, please feel free to reply to this thread, as the extra details may help others work out whether the job is suitable for them or not.

TilersForums.co.uk recommends getting three tilers in to quote for all tiling jobs, and to check references from previous customers for each. Then customers need to make their own mind up as to who is best for them.

DO NOT REPLY WITH PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESSES OR PHONE NUMBERS - SHARE THOSE VIA THE FORUM MESSAGING SYSTEM INSTEAD. POSTS WITH SUCH DETAILS RISK BEING EDITED OR REMOVED
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

Have you looked in our tiler directory to see who covers your area?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Adil

Adil Active Member

I have, have rang all of them, a few not answering so will try again later or tomorrow. Most don't seem to be able to install (and connect) the UFH though and that would mean getting an electrician in. Not an issue but it would be a lot easier if it was all done by one guy/company.

One recommended against laying UFH in the upstairs bathroom and ensuite as it was chipboard (new build). Can't understand why as others seem to be OK with it?

4. timeless john

timeless john Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

And it’s all VAT exempt!
    Uheat a forum sponsor could advise your UFH requirements.
    UFH should ONLY be connected by a part P registered electrician. It can be laid and tested for resistance by a competent tiler.
    You should see/check their portfolio before accepting any estimate.

• Like Like x 2
  5. impish

impish Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

You could try Dave Stott. Local to you.
    http://www.tilingbyelite.com/

He's working with me for several weeks now though, but if you can wait...?

6. Adil

Adil Active Member

I've already been in contact with him, his locality is a real bonus. His work seems a good standard and he sorts out UFH, uses raychem from memory. I've sent him the info for the show home as its the same as mine.

I'll give him another call as he was supposed to call me back.

7. mcgarvieiain

mcgarvieiain Active Member

Adil ive messaged you.
    Cheers