Search the forum,

Discuss natural slate stone patio laid , grout haze marks on stone in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
You need to strip the sealer , leave to fully dry abd seal again. Then don’t let it get wet for 72hrs.
How can i strip it we hace tried numerous suggestions nothing is doing it. I tried as advised on here acetone. I tried thinners . I tried ecoprotec. I tried LTP solvex. I tried vinegar. I tried cif. I have tried nylon brush on drill like advised. Spoke to many people suggesting all the above what do you recommend to remove it. Looks like moisture has come out of the grout made contact with the covering PVC sheet and and run down into the natural Indian stone it is not slate and nothing seems to be shifting it

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
How can i strip it we hace tried numerous suggestions nothing is doing it. I tried as advised on here acetone. I tried thinners . I tried ecoprotec. I tried LTP solvex. I tried vinegar. I tried cif. I have tried nylon brush on drill like advised. Spoke to many people suggesting all the above what do you recommend to remove it. Looks like moisture has come out of the grout made contact with the covering PVC sheet and and run down into the natural Indian stone it is not slate and nothing seems to be shifting it

@Lithofin BOB any ideas mate.

Reaction score
Also if you scratch your finger nail on it seems to spread in the stone yet leave a small white/grey flour/dust type texture on your finger take sa lot of work to scratch at it on a little cm spot and just spreads further more than anything seems on the stone if i cant come up with some ideas im gonna have to rip the patio up and relay the whole lot costing around 5 grand any posts welcome please as i have not received that many comments on it im open to ideas as its just awful all over the patio. I think 1 lesson learnt next time i will just grout a small area at a time as i got it all done in a day and have always used this and never had a problem its deffinately down to covering it up like the manufacturer suggests if unexpected weather change. I spoke to the manufacturer they said you did the right thing covering it up and now this. If i knew a company who could come in and sort it i would pay them to remove it if i knew they could succeed. On the day i checked all weather reports was fine and 6 hours after i finished a sudden change in the wether with no sign of it til then so i had.no choice but to protect grout and joints very frustrated any help and expertise greatly appreciated

Reply to natural slate stone patio laid , grout haze marks on stone in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen