Search the forum,

Discuss natural slate stone patio laid , grout haze marks on stone in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Laid a natural stone slate patio. Used projoint max expoxy paving grout used it for nearly 2 years. Yet after 6 hours sudden change in weather so went and covered and sheeted over as advised with water proof sheet. Came next morning removed and now got milky epoxy residue haze on stones. Any ideas as i rang manufacturers whos techincal said use white vinegar yeah i know i tried a sample but did nothing on the area although i was reluctant any suggestions job was only done saturday morning want to react quick

20200614_214743.jpg

Reaction score
I'd get a nylon brush attachment for a hand drill, will try to attach a pic or link... if epoxy maybe use acetone? Does evaporate pretty quick though. Test on a off cut or area out of sight first. Shouldn't harm the slate.
Toolstream_395024_1.jpg

[automerge]1592426119[/automerge]
... pretty certain toolstation stock them :thumbsup:

Reaction score
I'd get a nylon brush attachment for a hand drill, will try to attach a pic or link... if epoxy maybe use acetone? Does evaporate pretty quick though. Test on a off cut or area out of sight first. Shouldn't harm the slate. View attachment 112748
I will try anything any help appreciated will acetone be alright on natural slate stone you think ?

Reaction score
It doesn’t look like grout haze to me.
Is there a salt formation on the surface, does it cone off onto your fingers when you rub it. ?
We used the projoint max epoxy grout you can use in light rain it said weather forcast was fine so did it 6 hrs later on the evening weather suddenly changed unexpected and not indicated it advised in heavy rain to cover up so we completely covered at 10pm and 9 am nect morning removed covers. The manufacturer said yesterday its known as white blooming which is rare but dont seem to care said it could be from moisture they really dont know and have suggested to try LTP solvex as vinegar hasnt worked they dont seem to know and are not returning our calls all instructions were followed correctly i will check today about the salt question and post back thank you. Tried ecoprotec yesterday thats done nothing either was also told to try that. Rather concerned at the min.

Reaction score
I will try anything any help appreciated will acetone be alright on natural slate stone you think ?
Apologies its natural indian stone not slate
[automerge]1592480830[/automerge]
It doesn’t look like grout haze to me.
Is there a salt formation on the surface, does it cone off onto your fingers when you rub it. ?
Also my mistake its natural indian stone not slate
[automerge]1592480895[/automerge]
I'd get a nylon brush attachment for a hand drill, will try to attach a pic or link... if epoxy maybe use acetone? Does evaporate pretty quick though. Test on a off cut or area out of sight first. Shouldn't harm the slate. View attachment 112748
Apologies brush great idea doing that the stone is not slate its natural indian stone

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
We used the projoint max epoxy grout you can use in light rain it said weather forcast was fine so did it 6 hrs later on the evening weather suddenly changed unexpected and not indicated it advised in heavy rain to cover up so we completely covered at 10pm and 9 am nect morning removed covers. The manufacturer said yesterday its known as white blooming which is rare but dont seem to care said it could be from moisture they really dont know and have suggested to try LTP solvex as vinegar hasnt worked they dont seem to know and are not returning our calls all instructions were followed correctly i will check today about the salt question and post back thank you. Tried ecoprotec yesterday thats done nothing either was also told to try that. Rather concerned at the min.

Blooming will happen if water is in the stone and sealing was carried out before fully dry.

Reply to natural slate stone patio laid , grout haze marks on stone in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen