Search the forum,

Discuss Naive question - Dot and Dab in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Lawrence147

Sorry for sounding naive, but how do you 'dot and dab' plasterboard onto brickwork. I know that dot and dabbing tiles, as far as I am concerned, is a big no no, and in the last couple jobs I've had, I've only had to nail plasterboard onto studwork but what cement do you use to set pb against brick.

Many thanks in advance.

D

danJ

Dri-wall adhesive:
Gyproc Dri-Wall Adhesive

Solid line along the ceiling edge (and around cut outs for light fittings and the like.. I usually do the bottom edge too), leave a gap at the bottom, especially if you're on the ground floor. Dots every 10"ish (although I always stick more on). Use a box level/feather edge to make sure it all lines up nicely. If you're compensating for a slightly wonky wall make sure you've got enough adhesive on to match up the right levels - it sucks the board to it like anything and I've come unstuck as a piece settled itself half an inch closer to the wall than I wanted :(

I'm a DIYer though, so please correct if I'm wrong :)

R

Rob Z

Hi Lawrence, I'm not familiar with the brand that Dan posted, but it is the same appraoch as I have seen guys use here....they mix up plaster, fairly wet, get plenty of coverage on the back of the board, and then press it in tight. This stuff we have called DURABOND grabs lke crazy to masonry or raw plaster. They tap it into place with a 2 x 4 and leave it alone.

S

smurf21

same as this with dri wall adhesive but apply with a hawk and trowel instead of a gun..:thumbsup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dq6qPOHCpU]YouTube - THE DRYWALL BULLY [email protected][/ame]

L

Lawrence147

Comprehensively answered. B & Q sell the Gyproc so I'll be getting some from there.

Thanks for your help guys :thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

probably cheaper at a builders merchants lawrence, don't be afraid to give the plasterboards a fair old whack with a straight edge to get them flat..... it can be very satisfying:thumbsup:

Reply to Naive question - Dot and Dab in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen