Search the forum,

Discuss my old dewalt and marcrist in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

right here goes, i am in a very good mood because of this and a lucky boy too!!
at xmas, i sold my tx700, dewalt d24000 and my marcrist pipe kit with extra 6mm hole saw. i also sold a big hilti drill of my dads too. a builder from widnes came to buy the drill, he said i'll buy the dewalt d24000. i couldnt sell it on ebay and this particular one had only been used about 5 times. the marcrist pg850 were brand new... he said i'll give you £400 for the dewalt and £200 for the drills... i said ok (the stupid prick iam) because i thought that i was possible gonna be only doing rendering for the forseeable future and i thought they would be better turned into cash than dust.

anyway, i was looking on tradetiler this week and i thought, **** me, its gonna be the best part of £1200 and they dont have any 110v dewalts. the wife said, why dont ring rng the builder, he might not use the dewalt as its quite a big saw for the average tiling job. i said i havent got his number..so i remembered id kept my 2011 diary so i looked at the december 21st upto xmas eve dates and low and behold id put his number in my dairy.....bear with me, it gets much better

so, i rang and said, its ed bla bla, do you use the dewalt?? he said no, wish i hadnt bought it lol, i said, i'll buy it back, he said ok, i said how much, he said Just give us £400...so the next day met him at his farm in widnes...**** off big double garage with about 100k worth of tools. i mean an aladins cave of power tools, mechanics tools the lot.....heres you saw..it still had the bubble wrap on that id wrapped, not been used, immaculate as the day id cleaned it....i stuck it in my van and asked did he use the marcrist, he said the wot, he'd forgot he'd even bought them. he goes off to find them, 5 mns later finds them =in a metal container. i said how much do you want for them, he said, oh just give us a oner. i said but i sold them to u for 200, he said it was his birthday yesterday so i;m in a good mood and you need them more than i do!!

so, £500 pounds for my dewalt and brand new 6 piece pg850's!!!! 6 months on and i get my tools back for £125 less than i sold them. he obviously was minted and didnt really care, he was doing me more of a favour but what a man hey..not many people like that around is there. cant thank him enough..he even shouted me back to say id forgot the 2nd blade for the dewalt!!

so the morale of the story is,
i am a prick for selling in the first place and there are some good builders out there after all lol
in the words of take that, i'm back for good this time!!!! although i might sell my 3c sigma because i still prefer the tx700 ;0)
dewalt joe!!.jpg new marcrist pipe kit.jpg new pg850 joe.jpg

A

Aston

andy,
good luck and me rarely go together, so iam gonna buy 2 lottery tickets tomorrow mate ;0)

hi rob, it must be that 'law of attraction' stuff working at last ..ha

Reply to my old dewalt and marcrist in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen