Search the forum,

Discuss MY First ever full House & almost my first ever work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Akhter

HI there any constructive comments is welcome, this is almost my first ever work & the most work in one house
i've 1 or 2 other smaller jobs for friends but im only half way through my NVQ level2 after completeing some other smaller tiling courses.

Now ive been made redundant im starting out on my own next week.
some of the clients stuff might be in the photos by the time i got round to takeing the photos.

160m2 of porcelin on floors in open plan kitchen and dining area through to front hall and down stairs toile, bathrooms half way round on walls using ceramic and ceramic on floors and showers fully tiled. down stairs bathroom tile around were sink will be with a travertine border.

Attachments

• IMG0010A.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG0012A.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG0013A.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG0014A.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG0015A.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG0016A.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG0018A.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG0019A.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG0020A.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG0021A.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG0023A.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 92
V

Varley

If that is your first job then i think you have picked the right career to change to. Excellent stuff m8.

C

Concept PHT

Tell you what mate, there is some superb work there. Probably could have done without the smidgen cuts on the blue tiles above the sink, but what the hell. Excellent. Well done :)

A

Akhter

thanks for the replys, not to be picky but the sink was removed so the their wasnt really cuts above the sink the sink just happend to end up there, near the top of the tile, but cheers for advice

C

Concept PHT

Tell you what mate, there is some superb work there. Probably could have done without the smidgen cuts on the blue tiles above the sink, but what the hell. Excellent. Well done :)
Sorry I meant the bath. Does the same thing apply?

A

Akhter

No sorry, I know what you mean there, i had bother setting out to line up the window with the rest of the room as the room wasnt to be tiled the full way up just level with the window so got good cuts at the window but the bath cuts were a bit of work. dont know how id have got round them

L

Leatherface

Hiya pal - generally nice work there - but why did't you loose the slivers around the bath ?
Surely not impossible if you had set out correctly. Where did you learn ?

C

Concept PHT

Fair play mate - there is a good reason for everything :)

Nice work still though :)

L

Leatherface

Even so - with this in mind I would have advised the customer that it would not be a good idea to go bang on level with the window, perhaps an inch or so lower, that way you would have lost the slivers around the bath. :)

A

Akhter

cheers leatherface ill take that on board, im still learning at college in northern ireland im about half way through my nvq level2

Reply to MY First ever full House & almost my first ever work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen