Search the forum,

Discuss Mosaic border not flush ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kelly1979

Hi,

I'm having my ensuite refurbished with ceramic wall tiles laid in a brick effect with a brick effect mosaic border. The tiling has been done today and looks great but the border is not flush with the wall tiles so you can see tiles directly below and above the border which concerns me.

Am I correct in assuming that the border should be flush with the wall tiles?

Thank for any advice!

Kelly

T

Time's Ran Out

I've occassionally tiled the mosaic to be proud of the background tiles as a feature relief panel, but never had them set in or uneven with the face.
If you want them flush get them flush as you'll never be happy with it otherwise.

NWTiles

TF
Reaction score
Should have used BEAVA MESH TO ADD THICKNESS TO THE MOSAICS, OR ADDED A THICKER BED OF ADHESIVE TO COMPENSATE THE DIFFERENCE IN THICKNESS.

D

David - Tradetiler

Hi Kelly

We supply a sheet to put behind mosaic or tiles to increase the bed thickness

tradetiler-mosaic-mesh.jpg

Have a look on our web site here:-

http://www.tradetiler.com/homelux-mosaic-mat-mesh-backing-sheet-300-x-300-x-1-4mm.html

Reply to Mosaic border not flush ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen