Search the forum,

Discuss Moisture Meters. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

I looked at a job today, bathroom walls with new plaster, the builder told me it was plastered a month ago, and he wants it starting next week, but the plaster still felt damp to me....So im going to get a moisture meter to take a reading but im not sure what the reading should be for plaster, i read for painting it should be 7.5 per cent. Anybody know how dry it needs to be for tiling. :thumbsup:

B

brian c

ENDURO,if you are buying a meter it should tell you in the pamphlet.You get different types of meters there are ones with the colours red,green and amber and obviously the green light is for go.:thumbsup:

P

Pawelzik

Should have been mentioned on any powdered addy bag: < 2% for cement based plaster, < 0,5 % for gypsum based plaster.

As a rule of thumb: Take 1 page of a newspaper and put it on the floor resp. against the wall and cover it with a brick. If it feels wet after 1 day the ground contains still too much moisture.

Reply to Moisture Meters. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen