Search the forum,

Discuss Moisture Meter in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

Raff

Hi Everyone.

I ‘am looking for to buy Moisture Meter for concrete and anhydrite floors.

Can you recommend someone from your experience. I’ll be very grateful.
Cheers. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stef

Hi, look for an F.ball & co one.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391723560.032426.jpg

R

Raff

Thanks for reply I think I go ahead with the one by Sir Ramic recommend. Sound good, I was looking some small and handy but accuracy is more important.
I’ve search the web but is so many of them, make me confused. Thanks for replied.
Cheers

S

Spud

the answer is they are all different Raff and depending on what test you want to do you need different equipment for each , there is a digitial electronic meter from Tramex called a concrete moisture encounter meter this elecetronically tests the amount of water in the test sample non destructive , then there is a hygrometer which can be destructive or non destructive depending on how you test the area and you can do a calcium carbide reagent test which is a destructive test where by you take a sample crush it up put it in a reaction vessel with a reagent powder and the amount of gas produced in the vessel relates to the amount of water in the sample so the answer is it depends on what you are testing for and how accurate you need to be

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The hygrometer is the technically correct test but there what you can do is get your client to tape a sheet of polythene to the floor for a day or so and see if the screed shows obvious moisture in the form of colour change or condensation. This would tell you it's not dry enough to test and save you a journey to site.

Alternatively you might consider offering the client a "free" hygrometer (price it into the job) and he can do the testing and call you in when it's ready.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
the answer is they are all different Raff and depending on what test you want to do you need different equipment for each , there is a digitial electronic meter from Tramex called a concrete moisture encounter meter this elecetronically tests the amount of water in the test sample non destructive , then there is a hygrometer which can be destructive or non destructive depending on how you test the area and you can do a calcium carbide reagent test which is a destructive test where by you take a sample crush it up put it in a reaction vessel with a reagent powder and the amount of gas produced in the vessel relates to the amount of water in the sample so the answer is it depends on what you are testing for and how accurate you need to be

The latter is the carbide bomb test. The concrete moisture encounter is a great bit of kit for giving a good indication of moisture level. I used to use one myself. Take a patch about a meter square and take ten readings. Take an average and that will give you a reasonable indication. If it says it's dry test it properly with the hygrometer as a back stop.

Reply to Moisture Meter in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen