Search the forum,

Discuss Modified Thin Set Adhesive for Dural Wp/Tuff2 Former? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bill r

Folks, I have installed a tuff2 former into a small on-suite bathroom. Walls have been tanked using Dural Wp and Mapei Keraquick. The floor is mainly taken up with the Tuff 2 former however a small area is over-boarded with marine ply. In order to provide maximum adhesion, I have purchase 6Kg of Latex Plus to add to the Keraquick for coverage over the Tuff2 former and ply floor. As far as I can ascertain, this is quite acceptable between former and membrane however I have noticed in one or two forums that it may not be acceptable to use the latex modified keraquick between the laid Dural wp and the floor tiles. Could anybody please advise if this is correct and as to possibly why? Many thanks Bill R

D

DHTiling

IMO it will be fine. What reasons were you given or read. ?

Also , Mapei prim grip is great for adhesive adhesion to the tuffdec.

B

bill r

Dave, many thanks for the confirmation. Unfortunately no particular reasons where given. I am sure that I read on one of the forums that Kerdi matting can be used with modified adhesive beteen the floor and membrane but not between tile and membrane...again reason unknown...I will try and see if there is anything on the Schluter web site to verify this.

Finaly, one reason for opting for Mapei Keriquick + Latex plus was partly on the recommendation of a tiler who had previousely used it to lay a kitchen floor several years ago....the customer subsequently revamped the kitchen and wanted the floor changing. On trying to remove the tiles they had adhered so well to the overborading, they had to pull up the overboarding complete with tiles attached...hope it works as well for me!

D

DHTiling

Schluter.com say to use un-modified adhesive but Schluter.uk say it is fine to use modified adhesives..

And yes the mapei combo will work great.. S2 spec all day long if you can on timber... PHG wetrooms (link in my sig) sell the eco prim grip... top notch product, so ring for price as not on the site yet..

Reply to Modified Thin Set Adhesive for Dural Wp/Tuff2 Former? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen