Search the forum,

Discuss mitre'ing metal trims in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

burncross

hi guys!
my first thread so be gentle with me!
what do you find is the best way of getting a good internal mitre on metal trims, external mitred corners are not bad to do with a mitre block and hack saw, but internal ones never seem to match up? any advise?

D

DHTiling

Its all in the practise mate....also don't cut the trims to tight to the internal corner so the returning trim can sit in next to it....:thumbsup:

P

Perry

buy a cheap mitre saw about £10-£15 can cut plastic trim also much better than a mitre block :pete

G

grumpygrouter

I also find that as fine a toothed blade as possible helps, especially with plastic trim.

Grump

B

bigdaz

you can use tile trim cutters - they look a bit like pruning shears. used them on the course and they gave a better cut than a mitre block

R

Ric

those mitre shears are ok if your using good quality trims which dont flex much, otherwise you may find your cuts dont turn out how you intended!

G

grumpygrouter

you can use tile trim cutters - they look a bit like pruning shears. used them on the course and they gave a better cut than a mitre block
Hi Bigdaz, his question was specifically about metal trim, shears are ok for plastic!:grin:

Grumpy

G

Gazzer

You will find that if you use shears on metal trim that the end cut tends to turn up or distort due to the pressure from the shears and so you dont get a good finish.
So yes they can cut trim but not very effective at producing a neat edge.

Reply to mitre'ing metal trims in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen