Search the forum,

Discuss metal mosaics in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pog

Starting a bathroom next week with aluminium mosaics around the bath. I always seem to struggle with vertical mosaics (maintaining correct gaps, stopping sagging, etc). These ones are metal so will probably be doubly bad!
Any advice ref adhesive, trowel size, tips on correct placement would be welcome. They are on a 300mm mesh, individual tiles are around 25mm. Wall will be new plasterboard.
Thanks

D

david campbell

use a mosaic trowel,usually 3 or 4mm teeth on it,also try gently putting the mosaics onto the wall then patting and moving into place using a good grout float,be gentle but firm:thumbsup:

D

david campbell

will also need a good thin blade on wet cutter or grinder,think there was a post were someone mentioned they had to be cut in reverse to avoid scratching the face of these!:thumbsup:

P

pog

Thanks for the advice David,
I'll use one of the 1mm thick diamond blades for porcelain and get myself a 3mm spreader.
Ready mixed or powder adhesive? would the ready mixed have more grab, so stop them slipping?

D

david campbell

use mosaic fix powdered adhesive you will wait ages for the tubbed gear top set with these tiles!

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
pci nanolight is the best adhesive i have used for non slip..also pure white,,,also to help prevent sagging use small nails or panel pins to nail your sheets in place and remove once setting but to be honest if you use nanolight you wont need to:thumbsup:

Reply to metal mosaics in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen