Search the forum,

Discuss matt tiles discoloured with black Mapei grout - steam cleaner shifts it in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi folks.

I had the bright idea of mixing discontinued B&Q metallic tiles with B&Q (Pilkingtons) Hot Rocks matte tiles in my kitchen.

After discovering they were about 5mm different in size, despite being nominal 100 x 100, the project went on the back-burner for years.

Recently I decided to get back to it and with some careful spacing lost the extra size of the Hot Rocks in the grouted areas.

Anyway my other brain-wave was to use black grout and it completely stained the matte tiles which are pale colours.

No scrubbing or cleaning would even touch it.

I then tried spraying them with steam-cleaner (little DIY Hoover brand one) and scrubbing at same time but still no good.

I then found to my amazement that if you just puff the steam cleaner at them it miraculously leaves a clean spot. Takes a long time to clean each tile but if you are desperate it's worth a try.

Am thinking once they are clean and I do more of the black grouting will coat all the matte tiles in craft glue then peel that off. this will hopefully prevent so much staining.

Or mb a different brand of black grout will behave differently

Reply to matt tiles discoloured with black Mapei grout - steam cleaner shifts it in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen