Search the forum,

Discuss Low cost bathroom refurb £1k target in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

Currently doing our own bathroom.

We have been quite lucky in that we managed to find a 2nd hand Ideal Standard Sottini suite in very good condition - free! A contact project managed a complete refurb on an Exeter house a couple of years ago and the owner was very keen to see stuff reused, rather than dispose of it. He also saved a few quid on getting it taken out as well - well why not?

Tiles - glass fronted mosaics from e bay at £1.39 a 12x12 sheet - not the stuff that MG is used to working with but still quite nice. £200

Shower cubicle- £300 Victoria plumb, maybe look elsewhere next time but OK for the money. We're re using the electric shower that was in there.

That's around £500 for a reasonable suite and tiles. I reckon another £500 for the adhesive, grout, trim, 6mm ply, plasterboard, aquapanel and lino (wife doesn't want floor tiles :huh2:), and maybe do the finishing/accessories out of that as well.

I'll post pictures in due course. I've got a picture of the suite in the previous house but don't want to upload them here, as they are NOT pictures of my work. There was nothing wrong with the bathroom I took it out of, just that the customer didn't want it.

So, can we come under the £1k???

C

cornish_crofter

I could do it for a lot less!

But we want a bath, sink, toilet, shower etc. I also want the shower not to leak and for the whole bathroom to be soundproofed as much as possible. My family are fed up with me farting in the bath, apparently:oops:

We want to get a good look for less money.

Dave, I didn't think about getting in a good tiler. I was just going to use the cowboy who threw that wetroom together lol.

D

doug boardley

I reckon if you get Howard in to tile you'll end up a grand to the good! (only joking!)

Reply to Low cost bathroom refurb £1k target in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen