Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Liquid tanking and how it affects weight limits.. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Again all down to personal preference really, whatever suits best for you

O

One Day

I use ardex wpc pretty much all the time, but if I had to tile upside-down (and I am soon) it will be on wedi or kerdi board where the joints and Fasteners are sealed.
I don't have confidence on any liquid system on paper faced plasterboard.

O

Old Mod

Didn’t find it difficult Marc, just found that it tended to be a little thicker than the single part tanking systems
Oh I’ll agree there, 100% John, no question.
That being the reason I have more faith in that than the generic grey paint type.
I also feel that it’s far easier to have thin areas with the grey (light blue) paint, cos there’s not enough contrast with the substrate on occasion.
Whereas with the Ardex, there’s absolutely no denying any areas that are too thin.
But then again, lately I’ve been using Isomats SL17 a grey paint type! :D
It does feel more robust tho than some I’ve used though. :p

F

Flintstone

There is a ctd about 45 mins in the wrong direction from me, nothing near by really, unfortunately. The worst I’ve seen for peeling was one that went on white and dried clear. Im not sure on brand but a contact I did some jobs for used to use it and had a few issues when I had to re do some areas.

D

Deleted member 49260

s11917.gif
Foot not toe!

T

Time's Ran Out

Could we ask all the suppliers to add to this thread.
Isomat did mention in an earlier thread that it does lessen the final tile weights and I realise that it’s all down to preparation.
However I’am sure the people preparing the 2 examples I noted felt that the thicker they slapped it on the better the tanking!
IMO tiles are getting too big for this method of tanking and it should be noted on their packaging - just like ready mixed tubbed adhesive give the info now - not for porcelain or tiles over300x300mm.

I

Italy

Could we ask all the suppliers to add to this thread.
Isomat did mention in an earlier thread that it does lessen the final tile weights and I realise that it’s all down to preparation.
However I’am sure the people preparing the 2 examples I noted felt that the thicker they slapped it on the better the tanking!
IMO tiles are getting too big for this method of tanking and it should be noted on their packaging - just like ready mixed tubbed adhesive give the info now - not for porcelain or tiles over300x300mm.
exactly as Antonio does. To make no mistake, use mapelastic. more work. but more security. amen

I

Italy

and yes, I see all the manufacturers responding.
hard life in the laboratory.
you should perhaps go out of the office and go to work sites.
something is always learned.
and now, it's cold ... better to stay in the office.
sorry

T

Tile Shop

I looked into this a while back. Ones I've had experience in.........

BAL Tank It, no effect on weight limit
Ardex WPC, no effect on weight limit
BAL WP1, reduces max weight limit to 32kg's per sqm.
There were a couple more but can't find the replies.

Got more suppliers I can speak to. will try and rustle up a list if it helps.

Reply to Liquid tanking and how it affects weight limits.. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks