Search the forum,

Discuss Limestone floor with electric underfloor heating - advice? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hello
I'm looking to lay a limestone floors of about 24m3, using large stones (900x600x20). The existing floor is concrete (35 years old, not newly laid), and the plan is: adhesive, 10mm marmox boards, heatmat, levelflex fibre compound, then (about a week later) tilemaster adhesive (standard set) and the slabs. Does this sound okay, as after reading some of the other forum posts it sounds as though cracks could be a problem?
Thanks!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Always use uncoupling membrane with natural stone tiles.

U

Unregistered

Thanks. How much does this usually cost? Is there a recommended time to leave the levelling compound 1st?

W

White Room

Some self leveling componds can be 3-24 hours, read manufacturers instructions...

U

Unregistered

Will do. The supplier said it should be okay after 24 hrs, but I didn't know if it would be worth heating up/ cooling down the levelling compound before laying the stone?

R

Rookery

Drying time is usually dependent on the thickness but as you're only going over a heat mat, say 4/5mm, 24 hours will be fine for the SLC. As its a natural stone I'd include an uncoupling membrane in the spec as Ajax says. Once the tiling work is complete, the floor needs conditioning correctly by warming and cooling gradually. There are plenty of threads on here giving the details.

Reply to Limestone floor with electric underfloor heating - advice? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen