Search the forum,

Discuss Level Batten ideas???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Thatch

Hi all, been a while since i've posted on here as been so busy. Hope you're all well.

My question is this: I've yet to find a decent batten to start a level row of tiles. Looking for different ideas from you all, obviously it's what works best for the individual but at after several months of sticking with smooth sawn timber battens I have yet to find one that isn't warped at one point or another. Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated!! Thanks all!

L

lenie

Hi all, been a while since i've posted on here as been so busy. Hope you're all well.

My question is this: I've yet to find a decent batten to start a level row of tiles. Looking for different ideas from you all, obviously it's what works best for the individual but at after several months of sticking with smooth sawn timber battens I have yet to find one that isn't warped at one point or another. Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated!! Thanks all!

Hear is one for you if you can afford it .TILING TOOLS, TILE BATTEN STANDS, BATTEN STANDS, TILETRACKER, BATTON STANDS | eBay

D

doug boardley

on occasions where I need to batten up I usually use (if there's some about on site) plasterboard that still has a bound edge intact.

K

KL Tiling

I usually go to somewhere like Selco and buy a sheet of 12mm plywood. I then take this to the cutting room and have it ripped into 80-100mm strips. You end up with about a dozen relatively inexpensive 2.4mtr lengths of perfectly straight batten (provided their saw is calibrated properly) which last for ages and works perfect everytime :thumbsup:

M

mart08

I use mdf skirting, the primed stuff from any good merchants. Pretty cheap and always a nice clean smooth service for the tiles to sit on.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score

Reply to Level Batten ideas???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen