Search the forum,

Discuss Leaving the forces, Able Skills training centre in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TonyRAF

Hello all,

Firstly can i just say that a lot of the posts on here have been very encouraging and informative to read.

Secondly. I am leaving the Air Force in May next year and I want to go out on my own as a tiler/bathroom fitter. It's what i did before I joined up some 10 years ago however I was only an apprentice back then at 16 killing time before joining the mob. Basically within my last 6 months I get quite an extensive resettlement package and what I am looking at is the 6 week NVQ Tiling qualification from Able Skills ltd. I've seen a lot of other training centres offering an NVQ in 3 weeks. Something which Able Skills state simply can't be done in 3 weeks. Money for the course isn't a problem as I won't be paying for the course but I wondered if anyone had any dealings with these guys and had any advice/info. Will the 6 weeks be enough to set me up? I have 3 different family members who all own kitchen/bathroom/tiling companies so work should be ok although given the current climate i'm expecting the worst.

Cheers all.

Tony

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hello tony and good luck,i think able skills have some reviews on here take a peek

dont think anyone can grant you an nvq in 6 weeks either however,you dont need an nvq for domestic work anyway

Reply to Leaving the forces, Able Skills training centre in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen