Discuss Laura Ashley Mr Jones floor tiles discolouring after being laid in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Time's Ran Out

@Paul C. - In the recent TSJ there was an advert for porcelain tiles from BCT!
Can they manufacture porcelain tiles in this country or are they made in the EU under the BCT banner?
John

D

Deleted member 51507

Some pictures in daylight. It's hard to show the discolouration on photos but some of them are definitely starting to look stained. The floor doesn't look even anymore. I will send these off and hope for a resolution.

IMG_20181126_1042014.jpg IMG_20181126_1042212.jpg IMG_20181126_1040475.jpg IMG_20181126_1041544.jpg

T

Tile Shop

Picture 2 shows it clearly enough!

@timeless john With the machinery they have, should be no reason why they couldn't produce porcelain. They could use their own clay with additional Kaolin and Silica (which would possibly need importing) and increase the firing temperature. They used to have some porcelain tiles a few years back which had the BCT markings on the back but can't recall if they were UK made or made for them.

T

Time's Ran Out

I ask because last year I undertook a job where the client supplied tiles advertised as ‘Made in England’ that were of EU origin.
Only became aware when I refused to fit them on a kitchen floor.
When the issue was raised with Topps they said a new porcelain alternative was being introduced - yet they still continued to advertise ‘Made in England’ range.
You see people want to buy British but sometimes they are hoodwinked over quality and manufacture!

W

Waluigi

The Trades Description Act 1968 might be in breach if that was pasted all over the box.

The customer might have made a different transactional decision in relation to another brand of tiles in favour of this so called ‘Made in Britain’ BCT tile. It’s actually a criminal offence to falsely advertise like this. It’s deception.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to BCT please select one of the following options.

If your tiles are chipped out of the box please press 1
If your tiles have shade issues please press 2
If your tiles vary in size up to 4mm throughout the box press 3
If your tiles are have printing or colour issues please press 4
If your tiles are wall tiles sold as floor tiles press 5
If you want to speak to a trained professional please hold and we'll put you though to Porcelenosa.

B

Bill

Went to look at a job this week and the lady asked if I would look at a slight problem in her newly tiled bathroom (6 months ago)

Guess which tile manufacturer?

She said the tilers used cement boards and some kind matting.

20181125_114713.jpg

B

Bill

We’re they made in Britain?
Don't know as the boxes were very vague in their description and no stamp on the back of the tiles.

I am sure when I asked about these tiles on here - way back in spring, someone suggested they were imports.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just looked through some spare porcelain BCT tiles and they are all made in Spain by a company called Porcelanico.

9F57EEBA-124F-40F6-B4DF-EB5CB8707329.jpeg AF9E8772-9D10-4CB7-B708-96E48A0A0316.jpeg 9EAD5F34-515F-4836-BFAF-0798F948CEDE.jpeg E7F45399-0226-44C7-A06F-039F439F2393.jpeg 88FDFE8A-75C2-4D77-B531-18E26785BF2B.jpeg

Reply to Laura Ashley Mr Jones floor tiles discolouring after being laid in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks