Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Laser level? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

PlatBath

Hey guys,

Need some advice from everyone out there. Just looking at getting a new laser level. I've tried the Bosch GLL3 80P which is brilliant but just found the DW089 K which claims to do the same job as the Bosch? I've heard on the grapevine the Dewalt is prone to breakages? Just want to get any feedback possible before I make the decision? Any advice would be greatly appreciated guys??? Thanks

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've got the Dewalt as have many others on here and it's a great laser. It will do everything the Bosch does......just not at the same time like the Bosch will!!

C

Colour Republic

Not sure who has said it's prone to breakages? if anything it is better protected than most for 2 reasons.

1) it is encased in a rubber shroud so should you drop it, it will take more impact. Over the years I've dropped mine twice now where I thought it would be broken but it survived. In fact dropped it many times, but you know there is a difference between knocking it off a hop up 400mm off the ground and dropping it 2m off scaffold. I've had it checked for calabration a few times and it hasn't needed it

2) it comes in a hard transport case. In fact it's because of this second point that i chose ot over the Bosch. Both have very similar specs and price, but chose the Dewalt as it wouldn't have to get treated with kid gloves in the back of the van with other tools

R

Rossymcg

My dewalt has been hammered, keeps shining plumb and level for more, I don't know anyone with problems with the dewalt laser

A

AETilingFloorin

I have just bought the stabila LAX50 which looks good for the price but if I could I would buy the bosch but cant say from experience.

A

AETilingFloorin

Which bosch one are you referring to? I have got the Bosch PLT 2 Laser Square coming monday

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've got the dewalt 088K and it's a great piece of kit , very sturdy and accurate !!! Comes in a very strong carry box ideal for the van!

Reply to Laser level? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks