Search the forum,

Discuss kerakoll rep ran a mile be warned in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TT Tiling

hi everyone just to let you know how let down i was by kerakoll
i was called in to do a slate floor for a local builder i know ,it was on a anhydrite screed that had been layed for over a year ,any way got to the job ,checked the floor was not wet by taking a moisture reading and yes it was well dry ,looked to see wot sealer was there and it was the kerakoll primer A , NEVER USED this sealer before so called the local shop that supplied the builder with it and they said all good to use ,so applied the sealer to the floor like stated on the tin ,and the next day i started laying the slate ,after a good day laying called it a day ,the next day i was just about to start laying again when i stepped on a layed slate and found it to be loose ,ooooooooo no the whole floor was loose ,the sealer had come away from the floor ,so called the builder ,and the kerakoll rep ,who came out the next day straight away , i spent all that day taking off the add from the back of the slates , when the rep got there he said i have applied the sealer wrong ,saying it should of been watered down to a 3-1 mix to soak in more , and to forget about wot it said on the tin ,lol:yikes:
any way the rep then ended up selling all his H40 ideal add to the builder saying you can lay straight on to a anhydrite floor with this add with no need to seal ,but he did say he would like to seal the floor himself just to be sure , so some days later after the floor had dryed out again he sealed it for me and stood there with me the builder and a couple of painters and said its ready for tiling ,so next day i started again and just like before the day after everything was loose again :mad2::mad2::mad2:, like before called the rep ,builder out again ,the sealer had not taken to the floor again ,comeing clean up , but this time the rep said it was my fault for tiling on a wet screed
:yikes::yikes::yikes: hang on i said the floor was dry you sealed it and said tile it ,:lol:

T

TT Tiling

theres more

the rep then got in his car and have never seen him again ,no answer on his phone ,so not the sort of company they make out to be , you have been warned ,after everything the rep said did and sold never heard from them again , :mad2::mad2: the builder is out of pocket on add and some slate ,im out of pocket a weeks work ,
if you ever meet a rep from kerakoll ran , ,
on a good note i did the slate floor useing wot i know works on a anhydrite screed ,and me the builder are happy with the finish ,the pics our on my profile gallary :thumbsup:

SHAME ON YOU KERAKOLL SHAME

P

peckers

so the kerakoll rep inspected the floor after the first failure after useing there products(sealer) as it says on the tin and then the rep supplied there own materials that can be used on this screed without having to use there own primer! and then he decided that there primer should be used!! and he then applied his primer himself!! and you tiled it useing his supplied products!! and it failed again!! After the rep said it was ok to tile it now!!
Sounds to me like the primer has failed!!!
Also sounds like the rep doesent have faith in his own products as the adhesive supplied by them is supposed to be able to be applied without the sealer direct onto a gypsum based floor but he decided to prime it again!!

T

TT Tiling

hi yes sorry forgot to add that yes all sanded off , and yes not a lot of faith in his own ,then ran away :incazzato::incazzato::incazzato:

T

TT Tiling

kerakoll the green company that like to encourage running , away from work :hurray:

T

TT Tiling

all so like to say a big thank you to cerbera for standing up for a fellow tiler , he met the rep ,and asked him if ever they had a failure , the rep named me saying i sealed a wet floor :prrr::prrr::prrr: , so now its my turn to name and shame

D

diamondtiling

I have just seen your rep, he is still running. He has just finished the London marathon in an hour and a half, maybe it was because of that angry tiler chasing him.

:lol:

T

TT Tiling

lol i dont mean to sound bitter , but hey thats a weeks work ,no money ,just to keep faith with the builder , will catch up with him one day ,give him a good sealing :thumbsup:

Reply to kerakoll rep ran a mile be warned in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen