Search the forum,

Discuss Kerakoll Fugalite Eco :) in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

It's very coarse and very difficult to strike off smoothly which leaves quite a rough surface, which surely defeats the object of an epoxy if the dirt has somewhere to sit, it reminded me of bal wide joint when doing the walls, quite a task to keep it off the floor. As for the washing off, I washed it 4 times with their liquid in hot water and there's still a greasy residue that I can hopefully get off in the morning when it's set. The biggest issue is how long it takes to set, every wash just pulls a bit more out of the joint and smears the tile face, I used a new sponge for every wash and followed the instructions very carefully. And my final gripe is its 8 times the price of a cement based grout, now that's just outrageous.
Sooooooo ....... Pretty much the opposite experience to Sharon then? :confused:

O

Old Mod

Yep, pretty much, lol! I've calmed down a bit now, I still stand by my review of it though, I can't see what it's purpose is really.
so apart from setting with high degree of hardness, being impervious to water, stains and dirt, also has a high resistance to acids and alkali's
And prevents the growth of mould and bacteria, it has no use at all! :D
wasn't part of the job stone Bri?

I

Ian

so apart from setting with high degree of hardness, being impervious to water, stains and dirt, also has a high resistance to acids and alkali's
And prevents the growth of mould and bacteria, it has no use at all! :D
wasn't part of the job stone Bri?
I'd go down the route of a cement based grout with a protective sealer in the future, it'll cover pretty much anything a domestic situation can throw at it. Yes epoxy has its place, I know that, I was just being flippant :) my issue with this one in particular is its being sold as a user friendly alternative to epoxy, and it really isn't IMO,

O

Old Mod

I'd go down the route of a cement based grout with a protective sealer in the future, it'll cover pretty much anything a domestic situation can throw at it. Yes epoxy has its place, I know that, I was just being flippant :) my issue with this one in particular is its being sold as a user friendly alternative to epoxy, and it really isn't IMO,
I know you were mate, just taking the micky, :p
It's crap when you have high expectations and it falls flat on its face.
Even worse when you have to add hard graft to the equation too! :(

T

Time's Ran Out

It's worth every penny!
You have to be comparing it to an epoxy and it's far better in every respect.

I

Ian

It's worth every penny!
You have to be comparing it to an epoxy and it's far better in every respect.
I think I'd built up very high expectations of it from posts on here and talking to a couple of others who'd used it, I think I was expecting a grout that was similar to cement based just with a bit more washing off, probably hoping for a bit much to be fair :)

M

MTiler

Its the best epoxy Ive worked with. I hate epoxy and have worked with Mapei, Bisazza, Mosaico+ and the Ardex hybrid which was cr@p.
So far I have just used the translucent Fugalite and compared to other translucent epoxies it was easy to clean, as with most you end up with a white residue which is a pig to clean.
Im still sensitive to it, but you cant have everything lol.

The N&C (Nicabond) Starlite epoxy is supposed to be easy to clean but Ive yet to try it, just seen it in a demo.

I

Ian

I went back this morning and (on the advice of the supplier), used the wash neat to remove the film from the surface, it didn't touch it so, I got some HG grout residue remover from the van and wiped it on neat with a Microfibre cloth, left it for a minute or two then buffed off with a dry Microfibre cloth, that worked a treat, cleaned 17m in less than an hour.
I would use this again if I really had to, it's just a case of knowing that the grouting process will take about 4 times as long as using a cement based grout, and another visit will always be necessary to do a final clean once the grout has cured. It was a steep learning curve that has ultimately cost me a bit of time and money but, every day is a school day and we never stop learning.

I

Italy

I hope that you've calculated more time for epoxy grouting ....
Bathroom mosaic 15sqm, I need a day for grouting with epoxy.
but a hard day. without stops, max half an hour break.
normal tiles, usually here, the price for laying tiles and a lump sum for epoxy grouting

Reply to Kerakoll Fugalite Eco :) in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen