Search the forum,

Discuss Just stripped off the tiles...What next? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi
The lot is being stripped out but I'm leaving in the sink and shower until the tiles turn up.
The tiles are 600x300 from Porcelanosa so no pressure :) probably too big for this room but they were the only onesmy wife liked.
Do I really need to remove ALL of the adhesive or just the high spots? After just having a go ,I feel it's going to take hours to remove every bit.
Thanks for the replies.
Ps I've purchased one of those tile leveling kits with the wedges and gun.
View attachment 102076

That looks like every Monday.

Pritch

TF
Reaction score
If you're buying your tiles from Porcelanosa please spend a bit more money and get a decent tiler to do the job for you. You sound a little inexperienced in tiling and it would be a terrible shame if you didn't get it right.

Hi
Usually when I'm given instructions, I'm pretty good at the practical side of it. I may try and do the en- suite myself but get a pro in to do the bathroom 900mm x 300 mm tiles.

I

irishjas

Watch your bathroom being done by a pro first,and get him to check the walls and pick his brain about where to start. After you watched a tiler set out the bathroom and how much work that’s involved. For the sake of a couple of pounds you’re better off get it done righ. Because when you make a mistake and you will, not been smart or anything like that,you’ll be out the price of your tiles and every day that you’re in there you’re thinking ya l should gotten a tiler to do it. Trust me.

Reply to Just stripped off the tiles...What next? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen