Search the forum,

Discuss Jotm winner meets interesting customer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

Hello people.the last few days i spent on a nice marble floor.47m2 of 3 sizes through a kitchen floor to a utility room.lovely man who is an architect and specifier.he had some clown tile a couple of ensuites and ground toilet! Wow. Atrocious bits of work.anyway this customer was well impressed with my work that he wants me back asap to do a big hallway and also told me he has 2 jobs for me in january.not bad for a new contact and who knows what else? That the joy of tiling.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hillhead

I seem to have quite a good bit building up for new year thankfully,ill sleep easy.lol.hope it picks up for anyone who was slack.i had only one week slack all year so no complaints.

D

Daz

Nice one Joe. By co-incidence, I've just done a wetroom for an architect who has a couple more bathrooms, 2 x kitchens plus utility and a boat load of flooring for me to do too. He has, also, already passed my name to a couple of other potential clients for me. I like architects :lol::thumbsup:.

H

hillhead

Nice one Joe. By co-incidence, I've just done a wetroom for an architect who has a couple more bathrooms, 2 x kitchens plus utility and a boat load of flooring for me to do too. He has, also, already passed my name to a couple of other potential clients for me. I like architects :lol::thumbsup:.
these guys do seem well connected.one of the jobs he says he could have for me is a pub! Lol.i have a big mosaic to fit for him in his hallway.should be nice with a timber border running around.

D

Daz

Are we talking to the same guy Joe? :lol:.

My chap is in the process of converting a pub into residential :smilewinkgrin:.
I've just finished working in a conversion from hotel to residential too :thumbsup:.

H

hillhead

Unless your man is from the south of ireland then no ! Lol.sound alike though.lol.i have this guy a good price inc supply of materials so it looks like it might pay off well.

E

enduro

Similar thing happened to me last week, tiled a shower and small floor for a plumber mate of mine, customer arrived home on Friday when i was there, and he is an architect he liked my work and he is doing a restoration job on a local church and wants me to do some walls and floors for him...Its great when things like this happen. :thumbsup:

Reply to Jotm winner meets interesting customer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen