Search the forum,

Discuss JOTM categories in the Job of the Month Competition (JOTM) area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pebbs

Sean, however might have a point, not everyone has the opportunity to work with great materials, or great proportioned rooms etc. It doesn't stop them from doing a great job, doing the job to the best possible standard. I'd split it into stone/marble/mosaic, and the other for porcelain. Just an idea I am throwing up in the air which will probably come showering down with the wrath of some...

Pebbs

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I have said in the past a good entry for JOTM doesn't have to be a top class high end shiny bathroom walls or a fancy floor, or even a well executed geometric floor.

As TJ says, tiling is tiling. Be it a swimming pool, vaulted ceiling, Victorian floor reproduction/restoration,or a 3,000.00 m2 floor we should be able to cope with them all, that IMHO is what makes a tiler.

I have seen some very good work on TF, I have also seen some very poor efforts, by people who seem to think they are tilers.

JOTM should stay as it is, a showcase for real tilers, we don't need separate categories. Just my 2p worth.

T

The D

I have said in the past a good entry for JOTM doesn't have to be a top class high end shiny bathroom walls or a fancy floor, or even a well executed geometric floor.

As TJ says, tiling is tiling. Be it a swimming pool, vaulted ceiling, Victorian floor reproduction/restoration,or a 3,000.00 m2 floor we should be able to cope with them all, that IMHO is what makes a tiler.

I have seen some very good work on TF, I have also seen some very poor efforts, by people who seem to think they are tilers.

JOTM should stay as it is, a showcase for real tilers, we don't need separate categories. Just my 2p worth.
Enter your work in the appropriate category
Best splash back
Grouter of the month
Best swept floor
Come on if you have something you are proud of put it in if not sit back and admire the work on show like the rest of us do.

D

DHTiling

Sean, however might have a point, not everyone has the opportunity to work with great materials, or great proportioned rooms etc. It doesn't stop them from doing a great job, doing the job to the best possible standard. I'd split it into stone/marble/mosaic, and the other for porcelain. Just an idea I am throwing up in the air which will probably come showering down with the wrath of some...

Pebbs

Lol. What about bog standard at best. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to JOTM categories in the Job of the Month Competition (JOTM) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement