Search the forum,

Discuss is there a bead in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

average

TF
Reaction score
Will be tiling a wet room up to 1.8m high with newly plaster above. Some of the walls below arent that great and im thinking installing no more ply right around. What i want to know, seeing as ill be 6mm out from the wall and ill be tiling upto the 1.8m height, is there a bead that will cover the void aswell as covering the top of tile or is it just a matter of filling this area with grout.

D

Dumbo

1.8 isn't very high for a wet room or any type of shower .the wall would get wet with water bouncing of my head .

D

Dumbo

Until I pictured that I hadn't even considered it.
I meet some customers who have some odd ideas about where to stop tiles and I suppose most of these are to save money but I believe it is part of our job to advise customers on how something should be done to be aesthetically pleasing as it can be. I would probably in this situation advise full height in wet area and 1/2 height elsewhere .

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Lets be honest theres nowt up with 1.8 m high and the shower area fully tiled .
We have absolutely no idea what the customer is thinking , maybe he wants to stick pva and glitter above the tiles to make it look pretty snd sparkly ;)
As fo the bead , before now ive put 2 flat edge trims back to back , stuck together with no more nails, left to set and cut to size and put in .

Reply to is there a bead in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen