Search the forum,

Discuss Interesting shower drain from in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

I apologize in advance if this has already been posted here at TilersForumUK (I don't recall where I first learned about this).

Has anyone used the drain products from this company:

YouTube - Waterworld Solutions use Schluter Systems for installations

I couldn't use it here on jobs where a permit is involved, but I would really like to try it on the next custom shower we do where there are no permits on the job.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone that has used this drain. :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Iv'e seen that video before Rob...looks good dunnit...got to be from schluter.

Quick question Rob....Why does your permits on certain jobs prevent you from using it.

Is it against some sort of code maybe..?

R

Rob Z

Hi Dave,

I meant to add before...I'm happy to see that the website seems to indicate that they will shop world-wide. Based on the feeback from the members here, I will go ahead and buy one and stock it until such time I can use it on a job.

As for your qusetion about permits...when my good buddy CX chimes in, we can give you an earful of how complex, illogical, and cumbersome the permiting and code processes are here in the US. The flip-side to our non-federal system of states having supremacy over anything that is not clearly spelled out as a Federal item of responsibilty is that we have a hodge-podge of codes throughout the country, with all the various players having input: trade organizations, industry representatives, insurance interests, the fire marshalls, unions, local and state bigwigs, code officials on the take, inspectors of varying degrees of competence and interest in understanding new products, and an alphabet soup of Code Orgnaizations that all have some say-so over what is going to happen. The worst one of all is probably HABIT .....that is to say, ain't nuthin' is gonna change because that's the way it has been done here for forever.

In my area, the traditional Schluter Kerdi drain is a no-go with every agency around, and the only time I can use it is on a job that can be done without a permit (for whatever the reason is to be able to avoid getting a permit).

D

DHTiling

cheers Rob....I love the schluter drains....strange how some states get stuck in their ways over your way...

I just posted about wetrooms over at JB...should go down a storm then...:lol:..

No curbs..:thumbsup:

R

Rob Z

cheers Rob....I love the schluter drains....strange how some states get stuck in their ways over your way...

I just posted about wetrooms over at JB...should go down a storm then...:lol:..

No curbs..:thumbsup:

This ought to be good....I better go and see what you've started ... :smilewinkgrin:

W

wetdec

Waterwold have nothing to do with schluter they mearly use the matting in their utube video as its good for promotion.

Waterword have been importing drains into the uk for + - 2yrs and are to be seen at most exhibitions. Wetdecs have aproached them on at least 2 occasions as some of their ideas are good but they had not got it together enough for us so we opted to use ACO and Purus drains.

Reply to Interesting shower drain from in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen